What an honor! A big thank you to Silence Shattered for the nomination. I’m a big fan of your blog and what it does to bring awareness to the correlation between child abuse and mental illness. I feel that you and I have similar backgrounds and experiences, and reading your blog encourages me to continue to tell my story. And reminds us all that we are not alone.
Rules for accepting the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Thank you to the amazing blogger who nominated you, with a link back to their blog (above).
- List the rules and display the award on your blog (here).
- Share seven facts about yourself (below).
- Nominate fifteen other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated (below).
Seven Facts About Moi (Me):
- I take a long, hot bath every day. No exaggeration. EVERY day. It helps me relax. I read. I meditate (or rather I try to meditate). And I love it. It’s my thing. However, I have the DRIEST skin because of this. My legs are practically scaly – it’s a little embarrassing…
- I volunteer with adults with special needs – it’s my passion. One day at camp, a huge fly flew into the side of my friend’s head. She has Down syndrome. Naturally, she assumed that I had punched her (why would she think that?!). So she yelled, “Heyyy! You punched me!”, and slugged me as hard as she could right in the nose. After I had explained about the fly, she sincerely apologized. It was painful, but funny. Her mother was mortified when I told her.
- I hate vegetables and I’m a grown-ass woman.
- I used to be a hand model.
- I have two Pomeranians. One of them loves to hump her toys. However, because of her size and how she positions herself on the toy, with every hump, she slams her face into the hardwood floor. It looks and sounds very painful and hilarious.
- I am clumsy. I have had many concussions because of this fact. If there is a hole, I will fall in it.
- One of these seven facts is false. The rest are true. Just kidding – they’re all true. Or are they all false? Are you confused?
I now pronounce my nominations for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- http://tinakmeyer.com/ A place, hopefully to inspire you to think, feel and ultimately, to create. It is in creation I feel most whole. I wish that for everyone.
- http://anchoredinknowledge.com/ Empowering yourself with Támara Hill, MS, expert on parents, families, & caregivers within the mental health system
- http://mziyan.com/ the greatest love of all is mine
- http://youllsoonbeflying.com/ Un [-] plugged Honesty while living in a wired world. Construct a life, not a profile. [Re] Connect your heart.
- http://theforestforthetreesblog.wordpress.com/ where depression meets ambition
- http://frommaybetoalmost.com/ One lost & confused 20-something’s nonsensical account of the nowhereland of not-quite-adulthood.
- http://empoweredgrace.wordpress.com/ Learning to Swim in The Alphabet Soup of the DSM
- http://feministepoetique.wordpress.com/ A fine WordPress.com site
- http://learningtoloveimperfection.wordpress.com/ Just A Girl Trying to Find Her Way to Recovery, Blogging as She Goes
- http://alicesperanza.wordpress.com/ Monster
- http://crissi23.wordpress.com/ Fighting stigma…living life after almost losing a battle to darkness
- http://notsocrazytalk.wordpress.com/ The rantings and life of a bipolar college student, (who is also slightly eccentric…)
- http://healingbeyondsurvival.wordpress.com/ A Blog About Post-Traumatic Growth
- http://shiningourlight.org/ Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16